Our two day Hydraulic Engineering Fundamentals course is an introduction to fundamental hydraulic principles. The course is a basic grounding in hydraulic symbols and circuits, familiarisation of common hydraulic components and an introduction to filtration and oil cleanliness. The course includes workshop-based training sessions for practical hands-on experience.
- Module 1: health and safety - pressure/gas/poisoning/isolated working/noise/vibration/temperature: assessed module
- Module 2: fluid (and working area) cleanliness - new fluid – dirty fluid/ISO4406 cleanliness/ NAS 1638 cleanliness/fluid housekeeping
PRACTICAL: Fluid clean-up/importance of tidy work areas: assessed module
- Module 3: system components and fittings - construction of hydraulic system/key system components/schematic drawing symbols/component identification/RV’s & PSV’s
PRACTICAL: Working systems: Assessed Module
- Module 4: maintenance - maintenance procedure walkthrough – practical/system Assessment: competent corrosion/seal condition: assessed module
- Module 5: operation - start-up operations
PRACTICAL: accumulator charging/system filling/day to day operations/cause and effect: assessed module
- Final assessment
Assessment of Course:
Successful delegates will be awarded a 3sun Academy certificate after completing all practical and theory assessments to the required tutor standard. Certificates will be sent to the employer within 10 working days of course taking place.
Delegate Requirements (if at your site):
A room with tables and chairs for up to 10 candidates will be required, equipped with a projector (PC Compatible) and screen, with a white board or flipchart easel. Workshop facilities will be required for practical elements of the course, including a workbench with two vices on and a working area of approximately 20 square metres.
Duration: 2 Days
Delegate Numbers: 6 delegates